The Girl Who Chased The Moon

Wow!!!
After the terrible disappointment of My Last Duchess I am so relieved to have finished this amazing, wonderful and completely engrossing novel. I can't remember the last time I felt so engrossed in so many different characters. I was rooting for all of them, amazed by all of them and entranced by Sarah Addison Allen's incredible ability to make every reference magical and interesting. The magical element of this novel is as strong as in all of her others, however, I enjoy that sort of thing. Families with traits, people with a crazy sixth sense, the ability to see home baking floating in the air, it is all a wonderful touch of something outside reality, but handled in such a way that it seems completely normal.
I would recommend everyone read this book.
Or pick up her other two novels, at the moment still Hodder publications, but it looks like she might be changing publishers, so watch this space!!!
My favourite is Garden Spells but Sugar Queen is just as wonderful. However, Garden Spells is her first and I think most organic, so alive with magical elements and human emotion it leaps from the page. But I'm not sure if this one tops it? I really could have leapt into the book and lived there, it almost made it to Lost Art Of Keeping Secrets for me, but as that is my all time favourite book, it has yet to be eclipsed, but this novel is nudging its way into top 20. Which for me is pretty impressive.
Loved loved loved it.
What more is there to say????

No comments:

Post a Comment