The Help by Kathryn Stockett

So I finally got around to reading The Help having resisted the temptation until I had a holiday and I have to say I liked it...but I didn't love it. While it was a touching story, with a heartfelt message and written in an incredibly accessible way I can't say I loved it. But this is not a negative review...it was a fantastic book, it was exactly what I thought it would be, but I didn't really find it very funny. All the reviews on the back cover claimed it would be funny, but I didn't laugh once. I found it sad, touching, meaningful...all of those things, but never side-splitting funny!

Anyway, if you like that sort of thing read it. Would be great as a book club book or for a holiday. A good read that keeps you turning the pages, but don't expect fireworks or explosions, it's not that kind of book! Also read it if you haven't...that way when people start talking about it you won't feel like the odd one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment