The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke




Did you ever read a book and the whole time you thought - this is amazing!!! 

Well that is how I felt when I read The Sea Sisters and honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. I just loved this book so much. The perfect fast-paced read that you won't be able to put down. My eyes were scanning the lines as quickly as possible. I needed (and I mean needed) to know what happened to Katie and Mia. They became my closest friends and best allies all through one book.

Katie is the one you get to know the best, or maybe she was the one I got to know better because I saw a bit of myself in her. But Mia is just as special. She is fresh, bright, a whirlwind of colour that you cannot resist liking - perhaps even loving! This is the story of two very different sisters and their journey to find out who they truly are. Katie and Mia may love each other, but they don't get each other. They aren't close even though they live together, and they have a past - like all sisters do. They know exactly how to hurt each other, because sisters always have those hidden secrets underneath it all. Lucy Clarke drew their relationship so well it leapt from the page.

Now, here is the thing that drew me immediately into the story... Mia is dead (I'm not giving away any spoilers here - promise). The police suspect a suicide. And the last words Katie and Mia spoke to each other we're harsh. Katie has the opportunity to find out the truth, because she knows her sister would never commit suicide.

Giving up her ordered life Katie heads out to follow in her travel hungry sisters footsteps. Retracing Mia's path across the world in the hopes that she will uncover the truth and prove to the world (and perhaps even to herself) that Mia is not the person the police think she is. That Katie knew her sister.

A truly spectacular summer read. Think airplane ride, pool side, cooling your sunburn in the shade with a cocktail in hand. This is the book for you. A travel companion like no other. 

See my review for Lucy's second book A Single Breath for another brilliant summer holiday read!

No comments:

Post a Comment