Booklyn Girls: Angie by Gemma Burgess

I am a HUGE fan of Gemma Burgess, since she wrote A Girl Like You I was a fangirl for life. So when she announced she was writing a series of books about a group of girls living in Brooklyn trying to figure out what life, work, happiness means when you leave university, I was sold!  This was the series for me. So I devoured Brooklyn Girls: Pia when it came out in one day and then waited desperately for the next one... 

Angie's story was just as unputdownable, perhaps I even liked it more than Pia's... Devoured it on my summer flight, dreaming of holidays and when it was over wishing I had saved it or at least savoured it. But that wasn't to be. Gemma's writing and characters just pull you in and you can't leave them, you just need to keep finding out what happens next. 

I cannot recommend Angie's story enough. It is electric! The hero, is gorgeous and as a nice mix he's not necessarily the guy you expect Angie to fall for. You even get an insight into Pia's continuing  relationship and her life too. Which of course made me want to send Gemma Burgess flowers - I love when we get to keep seeing the other characters and what happens next with them!

So go, buy this book, it is so good I refuse to give away any spoilers (which probably makes this a not very good review - sorry! I really am keeping great things secret)! Absolutely the highest recommendation I can possibly give - 5 John Hughes Stars (and yes these are also just invented, but this book is so good it deserves them!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment